On April 30th, Justin's younger sister Kacy got married in the Manti, Utah LDS Temple. Justin and I were able to do a session before Kacy and Ryan were sealed in the Temple. The Temple was beautiful and the day was very cool! This was my first opportunity to witness a marriage in the Temple (besides my own), so I enjoyed watching the ceremony.
They had a reception in Utah that evening at a beautiful reception center, Wadley Farms. Justin and I enjoyed dancing and eating delicious crepes! It was a fun, tiring weekend.
The next weekend, the party came down to Arizona for a ring ceremony and reception at the Wright House. Both receptions were beautiful, and it was so wonderful to see Kacy so happy and welcome Ryan into the family. We just wish they lived in Arizona so we could spend more time with them!
A few weeks later, after the stress of finals, we finished school! Justin did very well in all his classes, and I graduated--at last! It feels so strange to already be done with college. In many ways it feels like I just started. I graduated with a Bachelor of Music in Music Therapy. Although I have finished my coursework, I still need to complete an internship before receiving my diploma. My internship is with a local music therapist sees clients in homes, at a preschool, and at a therapy clinic. She is a really wonderful person and therapist. I feel very lucky to be able to learn from her over the next 6 months of my internship!
About a week after graduation, Justin and I headed off to the east coast, thanks to Justin's grandparents, Lee and Nola. Lee had arranged for Justin to meet a leading surgeon at Johns Hopkins University, where Lee did his undergraduate and graduate work. It was a wonderful opportunity for Justin, and we both enjoyed learning about some of the research going on there.
Perhaps the best part of the trip was spending so much time with Lee and Nola. They really treated us so well. They drove us around the city, showing us the homes they lived in growing up and as a couple, the church where they were married, and the schools they attended. We also went to a pizzeria where they went on one of their first dates. It was such an enjoyable trip!
Another highlight of Baltimore was the crab cakes! Justin was VERY excited about them!
After several days in Baltimore, we traveled down to Richmond, Virginia to see my sister Lisa and her family. We enjoyed spending time with Lisa and Drew and their cute children. Drew graduated from medical school that weekend and had family in town, so we were very grateful for their kindness in letting us stay with them during a busy time.
Justin became Mitchell's best friend pretty quickly!
While in Richmond, we visited the Museum and White House of the Confederacy. It was quite educational. In a city where some still call the Civil War the "War of Northern Aggression," it was interesting to see how that war impacted and was viewed by the people of the South.
We spent one day driving up to visit the Washington, D.C. Temple, and went back to D.C. the next day to visit Mount Vernon, Arlington National Cemetery, and the National Mall. It was a wonderful trip! We are so grateful we were able to visit with family, see historical sites, and be together.
4 comments:
It's great to see pictures from Kacy's wedding and your trip. Both look like a lot of fun!
I'm glad you've had such a fun spring and start of summer. What a fun trip back east!
PS - The word verification to leave my first comment was "untoned." Do you think blogger is trying to send me a message? :)
Thanks for sharing the trip pictures. It looks like it was a blast.
Post a Comment